U15 Bellurgan Celtic 4 –7 Rock Celtic

This was a free flowing match which entertained both sets of supporters last saturday. Bellurgan started well and were deservedly awarded a penalty which was cooly dispatched by Conor Loughran. This woke Rock up and soon they were 3-1 up with goals from Alan Smith and Killian Dempsey (2) with Conor Boyle, Chris Williams, Alex Hanneffy and Craig Bannon excelling in midfield.  Smith added another soon after the break but the introduction of Shane Gregory resulted in Bellurgan taking control in the 2nd half and scoring goals in quick succession from Gregory and Lorcan O’Hanlon. An injury to Malachy Quinn unsettled Rock for a while but they responded with another 2 goals from Smith & Dempsey who both completed their hat tricks but Bellurgan hit back through well taken Conor Lynch goal.  Both teams had chances to score further but a late attack by Rock resulted in Ciaran Fee adding a late goal to make the score 4-7 to Rock. Best for Bellurgan were Conor Loughran, Shane Gregory , Conor Lynch & Lorcan O’Hanlon. Man of the match for Rock was Craig Bannon closely followed by Hanneffy, Dempsey, Smith, Stephen Gallagher & Niall Campbell.
Rock Squad: B Mooney, S Gallagher, C O’Sullivan, C Williams, C Boyle, N Campbell, C Bannon, J McGowan, M Quinn, A Smith, K Dempsey, P Farrelly, A Lynch, F Joyce, A Hanneffy, C Fee.

U13 Quay Celtic 3 – 4 Rock Celtic

18 November 2012
Rock continued their 100% record with a brilliant win against title challengers Quay Celtic.The score of 4-3 didn’t do the team justice as they totally dominated the game only to concede 3 soft late goals in the last 5 mins to take the gloss of an otherwise fantastic team performance. Rock set their stall out from the start with the brilliant defence of Mark Hanna, Conor Soraghon, Eoghan O Hora, and Aiden Curtin totally on top with the Quay forwards,not given an inch. This allowed the ever improving Daniel Corcoran and Liam o Callaghan to pull the strings in midfield. The first goal came from a brilliant run from Liam o Callaghan beating 3 players before releasing Oisin Meeagan who brilliantly picked out Oisin Murtagh who finished to the net. The second goal quickly followed when the superb Oisin Meegan finished brilliantly at the edge of the box. Rock Celtic were rampant at this stage and Quay were trying desperately to hang on as Rock had 2 other efforts saved of the line. The second half continued with Rock on top again, two more goals followed one from the ever reliable Aidan Curtin and another cracking finished from Oisin Meegan. Rock rang the changes which did change the flow of the game however they still didn’t deserve to concede the late goals from Quay, with keeper Flyn kierans blinded with the sun for the first and looked to be fouled for the third. Other than that his handling was super throughout. Best for Rock in an all round team effort were Mark Hanna,Aidan Curtin,Liam O Callaghan, Daniel Corcoran, Conor Soraghon, Oisin Meegan and Flyn Kierans

U10 Rock Celtic 1 – 1 Bellurgan United
18 November 2012.
Having beaten Bellurgan Utd 4-0 away in the first match of the season the U10’s will be disappointed to have only picked up a point in the return home game at the weekend. Not for the first time, a lapse of concentration in defence very early in the game allowed Rock’s opponents through on goal with hardly a challenge and keeper Jack Donohue could do little to stop their well taken goal. As always the lads responded very well and had most of the chances throughout the remainder of the first half with the best efforts coming from Mark Gallagher, Mark Leavy and Fiachra O’Hanlon. The Rock equalised just before half time thanks to Mark Gallagher and a bit of well deserved luck. The Rock pressed ahead for the winner throughout the second half with some nice passing at times. The Bellurgan keeper managed to get his finger tips to an excellent free kick from Fiachra O’Hanlon which looked destined for the top right corner. Other chances fell to Layo, Sennan Carroll, Gavin Lynch, Mark Leavy and Dara Quinn.
Adam and Jamie Callen swapped roles in the centre of defence and had good games, with the 2 lads to their left and right, namely Eoin Byrne and the ever improving Cillian Duffy both in great form. In addition to his defensive duties, Cillian’s pace was a constant threat down the right wing when he ventured forward and he linked up well with Mark Gallagher down that side. Next up is a trip to Glenmuir when the lads will hope they can convert their good run of play to a win.

U14 Rock Celtic 7-2 Carlingford Celtic

November 18th 2012 

The Rock extend their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable win against Carlingford winning 7-2. This was a easy win for the Rock with all 9 subs getting a run out. The match was played on a very cold morning but soon warm up for the home side when they hit the ground running with a goal from Feidhelm Joyce when Ciaran Fee collected the ball from midfield and rounded several defenders on put the ball on a plate for Feidhelm to dispatch to a empty net.
The Rock got their passing game going from the start and were making many chances down both wings. Ross Kelly on the right and Christopher Stapleton on the left beating their markers on many occasions in fact it was just a matter of time before Rock would extend their lead.
Rocks 2nd goal came when Ross Kelly went down the right beating 2 defenders and letting a shot fly towards the Carlingford goal, the keeper pull off a good save but Ross follow up with the rebound.
Rock then got their third goal when Conall Murdock broke forward from his defence and played a smart one two with Christopher Stapleton and knock the ball pass the keeper.

It got better for the Rock when Ross Kelly raced down the right and cross the ball for Ciaran Fee to get on the end and head the ball to the net.
The Rock went further ahead when the impressive Ross Kelly again cut in from the right and hit the back of the net with a will taken shot. 
The Rock steadily started introducing there 9 subs at this stage with 15 minutes to go in the 1st half.
Just before half time the Rock were able to get one more goal to go 6-0 in front when Ciaran Fee got his 2nd goal in fact this was the best goal of the match. Ciaran collected the ball 40 yards out from the Carlingford goal and beat 4 oncoming defenders then rounded the Carlingford keeper to hit the ball into a empty net. H.T. score 6-0. With the commencement of the 2nd half Rock had now made 6 changes and this seem to affect their concentration as they started to get sloppy in their passing. The Rock started to come under pressure and conceded a free kick just outside the box with this free Carlingford then got on the score sheet with a shot which was out of the Rock keepers hand. Carlingford then got another goal when they broke forward through the centre and their striker score with a rocket of shot. This was the wakeup call for the Rock and they started to control  the game again and get their passing game going again.
With this Rock made several chances and Rocks striker Dylan Sharkey eventually got his goal. Final score 7-2.