25 November: U10 Premier Glenmuir Utd 1 – 1 Rock Celtic

Another decent performance from the U10’s at the weekend however they were unable to grasp a great opportunity to overtake second place Glenmuir in the League, and once again had to settle for a share of the points. While the Rock lads played the better football particularly in the first half, they just didn’t create enough scoring chances and were under the cosh for a good part of the second half.


Still missing influential midfielder Josh Hanna, the Rock lads took the lead just before half time thanks to an individual run by the tenacious Dara Quinn, playing on the left side of midfield, who went past a number of Glenmuir players before slotting a nicely weighted ball into the run of striker Sennan Carroll. Sennan put his leathal left foot to great effect with a super strike into the bottom corner. Mark Leavy playing up front held the ball up well throughout the first half and was a constant threat for Glenmuir, while Mark Gallagher and Fiachra O’Hanlon in particular made some strong runs from midfield. Unfortunately shots on goal by the Rock lads during this period of dominance were few and they paid the price midway through the second half when the heavy pitch took its toll and tiredness kicked in, despite the introduction of Layo Adebanjo and Steve Kamtchou. Glenmuir equalised and remained on the front foot for the remainder of the game with Rock relying heavily on the strong defensive unit of Cillian Duffy/Adam Hoban, Jamie Callan, Eoin Byrne/Gavin Lynch and keeper Jack Donohoe. A draw was probably a fair result for both sides. Next up is Muirhevnamore at home.


U10 Division 1: Rockville 4 – 1 Glaslough

On a freezing cold frosty morning in the Blackrock the locals opened up and destroyed the Monaghan men. Dara O’Gradaigh had a fabulous game in his new position at centre half with McGrory pushing out to the middle of the field. O’Gradaigh was well supported in defence by Gough, Rogers & Smith. The match started off at a blistering pace with Rock putting pressure on Glaslough with fine passing movements from the ever sharp Evan Durnin and making his debut Conor Monaghan. These two were both unlucky not to score in the opening five minutes.

McGrory won the ball in midfield but was then creamed out of it by a hard challenge from a Glaslough defender. O’Gradaigh stepped up to take the free kick and curled the ball around the wall and into the back of the net – a goal Rooney would have been  proud of! The Rock now drove right at the heart of the Glaslough defence with great movement yet again from Monaghan & Durnin resulting in a smoothly taken goal by Sabestian McGeough. Glaslough then pushed forward but there was no way through with solid performances from Gough & O’Gradaigh in defence and a safe performance by Mulvihill in goals. A third goal soon came Rocks way with Cafferty winning the ball in midfield laying it off to Durnin who crossed it in for Sean Connor to knock it into the back of the net with a looping header. Rock were now well in control! 


The Second half began with Glaslough putting away a fine goal directly from the kick off. A cautious Rock then got into their stride and some good work by O’Hare & Rodgers on the left wing ended up with a fine cross by Rogers which Conor Monaghan struck sweetly into the back of the net leaving the Glaslough keeper with no chance. Rock were now in total control knocking the ball around sweetly and it could have quiet easily been 7-1 only for some fine saves by the Glaslough keeper. The match ended 4-1 to Rock. Man of the Match was Dara O’Gradaigh.